Remote Working: Setting Yourself and Your Teams Up for Success
LinkedIn Learning | Undated
Optimize working remotely in this set of online courses—whether you’re new to remote work or not, and whether you’re leading a team or part of a team involving distributed team members. Discover how to be productive and stay connected when working from home or other remote environments.
Learn how to effectively work remotely.
Gain tips for adjusting to changes in your work environment.
Explore virtual communication tools for staying connected.
17 Items, 14h 14m of content
ZDNet Special Feature: Working from Home: The Future of Business is Remote
ZDNet | Undated
(…) From Fortune 500 enterprises to very small businesses, every organization has been thrust into the future faster than prognosticators dared dream. What factors will determine failure or success in this brave new world of work?
A variety of topics related to “Working from home: the new normal”. Each topic has its article with interesting ideas and perspectives, tools & tips. List of topics:
- Work from home 101: Essential tools for telecommuting
- What does the new normal look like post COVID-19? 15 CXOs answer
- Everything you need to reopen your business
- How remote working forced us to look beyond the traditional PC
- Survey: Most US employees are uncomfortable returning to the workplace as restrictions ease
- How the young workforce is responding to COVID-19 pandemic
- Your Zoom meetings will be safe and secure if you do these 10 things
- ZDNet Recommends: The best products for every office
- Remote-working checklist: 10 top challenges you’ll face
- Survey: CFOs looking to make remote work, telecommuting more permanent
- Windows 10 alert: Zoom client can leak your network login credentials
- I’ve been working from home for 13 years and I’m beginning to hate it
- 9 remote work best practices from Verizon’s HR chief
- Working from home on a laptop? Check out these external monitors
- How one team switched 4,000 staff to remote working in just a week
- Could COVID-19 change the look of the office as we know it?
- With everyone working from home, VPN security is now paramount
- Best video conferencing software for business
- Coronavirus updates: How COVID-19 is accelerating the future of work
- 64 expert tips for staying healthy, happy, and productive
- Build a super-functional home office for $1,000
- Slow Wi-Fi? 8 ways to speed up your home office network
- Managing telecommuters? Here are 8 management tips
- Hardware dilemma: Desktop or laptop with docking station?
- Working from home? Switch off Amazon’s Alexa (say lawyers)
- Your home Wi-Fi network is going to be exposed by telecommuting
- Build a budget home office for under $300
- Working from home: Cybersecurity tips for remote workers
Author = ZDNet
Harvard University Free Online Courses
Harvard University | Undated
Nothing related to Scrum or Agile, but there are 70 results when searching with keyword FREE. It is a very eclectic selection, including IT, Humanities, Business, Science, Art…
Check them out, if you have the time and the need for a sample of Harvard Education.
Author = Harvard University
The crucial difference between remote work and distributed work
Work In Progress Dropbox Blog | April 03, 2020
Remote work is a discipline for the individual worker, but distributed work is a discipline for the entire organization.
Distributed work needs different tools
Distributed work needs a new social contract
Distributed work needs a more agile org chart
Distributed work needs a smart workspace
Author = Anthony Wing Kosner
Looking to switch careers? Learn these job skills right now
Fast Company | November 14, 2019
(…) Online learning platform Udemy for Business released the top courses in which companies enroll their employees, which is shorthand for the must-have skills in each field:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certification
- Financial analysis
- Digital marketing
- Web development
- Google ads
- Sales skills
- Web development
- Public speaking
Author = Arianne Cohen (Fast Company)
Udemy always has promos going, allowing you to purchase training for a fraction of the cost. Create an account, select your favorite courses and buy them when there is a promo that fits your budget.