Job Search Help – One-Way Video Interviews.
Just found out about this last week, a relatively new way to interview for a job: One-Way Video. The main advantage is that it allows the interviewee and the interviewer to communicate asynchronously.
Here are a few links to understand how to use it to and make the best use of this technique, along with more generic tips on video interviews. Good luck, hope this helps!
3 Secrets to Ace Your One-Way Video Interview
Here are 3 secrets to prepare for the next-gen of interviews.
1 – Everything is Timed
2 – Even the Answers are Timed
3 – Job Seeker May Not Be Able to Retake the Video
Author = Ready Reset Go
YouTube Video | How To Prepare For A One-Way Video Interview (Duration = 4:00)
Author = Lindsay Robinson-Evans (Work It Daily)
8 tips for your next video job interview
- Double-check your audio, video, and internet connection
- Pick a distraction-free background
- Make sure you’re in a well-lit room and the interviewer can see you clearly
- Angle and eye contact are critical
- Frame yourself from the chest up
- Dress for the job you want
- Keep your body language open
- Think of it as a show
Author = Katherine Noel (Business Insider)
YouTube Video | 10 Things to Never Say in an Interview | Interview Tips (Duration = 11:28)
Author = Cass Thompson Career Advice